Sunday, May 14, 2006

What is it about Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks?


Sleepless in Seattle: Complete fantasy or a touch of reality

Now I'm pre-warned you all about You've Got Mail. So I decided to do it again for Sleepless in Seattle. Granted its not as high on my list as You've Got Mail but its still up there. For the sake of this assignment I'm going to try and forget about my pre-conceived notions on how the entire concept behind this movie is a fantasy and look for elements of realism. Now although I have these notions it does not mean I don't enjoy watching this movie. For a single gal like myself this movie gives me hope and enjoyment (you may roll your eyes now). But enough about me onto the last movie - Sleepless in Seattle.

Pre- You've Got Mail, but post the sad Joe Versus the Volcano (we shall remain silent about that movie). Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks team up again in this romantic comedy. Annie Reed (Meg Ryan) is an engaged Baltimore woman who falls in love with Seattle widower, Sam Baldwin (Tom Hanks) despite only hearing his sad story on a coast-to-coast radio call-in show. I know it seems like a complete stretch but lets give Ephron the benefit of the doubt. If she can make two people fall for each other via e-mail, who says this can't be possible?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]